Terms and Conditions
1) For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean EcuaPlumbing.
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
(c) “The Operative or Engineer” shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
2) Jobs on an hourly rate:
The total charge to the customer will be the time spent by the Company’s engineers on the job which is charged for full and part completed hours with a minimum charge of 1 hour. It will include all reasonable time spent in obtaining materials. Parts and materials supplied by the company will be charged at the trade price plus 30% handling charge and all prices exclude vat.
3) Material Collection:
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but:
(a) Time must be kept to a minimum & reasonable.
(b) The Customer must be informed wherever possible when the operative leaves the premises.
(c) If the collection time is likely to exceed 60 minutes the customer must be additionally informed of the circumstances.
(d) Only one engineer is allowed to leave the job to collect parts.
(e) The collection of materials which should be normally stocked items is non-chargeable.
4) Fixed Price:
Work will require a 50% deposit to cover materials and other expenses. Quotes will include labour and materials plus vat. The price will be fixed but manifest errors shall be exempted. Revision to quotes may occur:
- The customer change the scope of the work
- There is an increase in the price of materials
- Further works turn out to be needed to do the work
- Impossible for the company to do the work for the previously quoted fixed price, the company will give you a free quote for the work so that the customer can chooses to use us or not. If the customer declines the quote there will be no charges payable by the customer.
Are payable immediately at the end of each job by cash or cheque.
5a) Cancellation of jobs:
If the customer books an engineer for an emergency and if the customer cancells this job when the engineer is on site the customer will be charged the agreed cancellation fee.
5b) The Company charges a cancellation fee of 50% of the hourly rate to cover time and travel expenses.
5c) Congestion charge zone and parking expenses are not included in the minimum one hour charge. It will be charged; if applicable. (Residence permit are welcome).
5d) All calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
6) Time Keeping:
Every effort is made to arrive at a job at the time and date agreed with the customer, however the company cannot accept liability for arriving late or for the late delivery or failure to supply materials.
7) The customer will be tied to these terms and conditions untill the engineer has arrived at the customer’s property and the customer have signed the contract which will then be tied to the terms and conditions of the contractual agreement.
7a) If The Company is doing work at the customer rented property on behalf of a landlord, the tenant has to be bound by the terms of the contract and if for any reason whatsoever the landlord refuses to pay you the tenant will be liable to pay and reclaim all cost back from your landlord.
8) Materials purchased:
As a result of work the customer instructs the Company to undertake will be charged to the customer if the work is cancelled later.
8a) The company will charge a cancellation fee of 20% of the total price of purchased materials.
Are only valid if the address, landlord, name or contact number is not in the Company’s database. Which if a discount is due you will be quoted a discounted rate on the phone when you book the job. These offers are only discounted off from the labour only. All set price and large jobs are always quoted at the best price possible and cannot be discounted on these offers or any other offers.
The Company has a 3 months guarantee period of labour for repairs and a 12 months guarantee for new installations if the materials are supplied by the Company and the duration of the manufacturer’s guarantee for all parts or equipment supplied by the Company. If the customer is not satisfied with the work, the customer must contact us, by telephone on: 0203 222 5151 or in writing, within 90 days of finishing the work and let us come and inspect the work and carry out the necessary remedial work at the Company’s expense. The engineer will provide a company receipt with detailed amount for the work and materials which will be dated and it will be the customer guarantee. The customer agrees that if the customer do not contact the Company within 90 days nor let the Company back in to rectify the work The Company shall have no liability. The customer agrees to let the Company’s insurers inspect any works carried out by the Company.
11) The Company CANNOT guarantee the work, parts and equipment supplied to the customer if:
- They suffer misuse, treated negligently or if the work is repaired, modified, or tampered with by anyone other than the Company.
- The Company carries out works for the customer using their materials.
- The customer orders the Company to carry out work against the advice of the Company’s representative. This advice will be given to the customer either orally, or in writing.
- The Company indicates that further works need to be carried out.
- Existing installations are either inferior or over 10 years old nor can the Company guarantees the effectiveness or otherwise of the Company’s work in these cases.
12) The Company accepts no liability for any delay or consequences of any delay in performing the Company’s obligations if such delay is due to any cause beyond the Company reasonable control and the Company shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
13) The Company reserves the right to decline to undertake any work.
14) Goods entitlement:
Goods supplied and delivered by The Company to the customer, or the customer’s premises shall remain The Company’s property until paid for by the customer in full. Whilst goods remain the Company’s property (The Company continues to have title over them) The Company has the absolute authority to retake, sell or otherwise dispose of all or any part of these goods. At any time and without notice The Company shall also be entitled to enter any premises in which the Company’s goods, or any part of them, are installed, stored or kept or it is reasonably believed to be so. The Company shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent the customer from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods. However, the risk in the goods will pass to the customer on delivery to the customer. The customer must insure them at replacement value and if asked the customer must produce evidence that they are properly insured.
15) These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by the Company’s duly authorized representative and the customer. The Company terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by the customer or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to The Company by the customer. By entering into a contract with The Company, the customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
16) These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between The Company and the customer shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
We hope that you find our website useful, and it is provided in good faith. However, we assume no responsibility regarding the accuracy of any content. Any content downloaded or obtained from this website is done at your own risk. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use does not contain items such as viruses, worms or other items of a destructive nature. The information on this website does not constitute advice, and you should seek advice specific to your circumstances before acting upon anything contained within this website. To the maximum extent permissible in English law, in no event will we be liable to you or any other individual or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages related to any use of this website, its content or on any other hyper linked website, including, without limitation, any lost profits, lost sales, lost revenue, loss of goodwill, business interruption, loss of programs or other data even if the users or hosts are expressly advised or aware of the possibility of such damages or losses. All content is provided by the users and hosts on an “as is” basis only. You assume all risk of loss for the use thereof. The users and hosts provide no representations, conditions and/or warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability and noninfringement. We are not responsible for the content of linked, external websites.
All content on this website is protected by copyright. You may print off one copy of content from this website for your personal use. You may not reproduce or use content on this website without prior written approval, including for commercial purposes or on another website.